- Preparation of your manuscript
- Style Files (TeX)
- Style Files (word)
- COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM (word)
- COPYRIGHT TRANSFER FORM (pdf)
Manuscripts are accepted for publication with the understanding that manuscripts have not been published, in printing, or under review elsewhere. Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts electronically and in PDF format to the editorial office:
If the electronic submission is not available, manuscripts may be sent in triplicate by post to
Interdisciplinary Information Sciences
Graduate School of Information Sciences
Sendai 980-8579 Japan
Manuscripts in PDF format are used only for the review process. After the manuscript is accepted for publication, we will ask the authors to submit all source material to the editorial office.
Manuscripts should be written in English. Authors are encouraged to use LaTeX, MS Word, or other common varieties of word-processors. The style files for LaTeX and MS Word are available on our journal website. Manuscripts for short communications should be within 4 pages in the final form of the publication of the journal.
Essential Title Page Information:
- Concise and informative. Titles are often used in information-retrieval systems. Avoid abbreviations and formulae as far as possible.
- Author names and affiliations:
- When the family name may be ambiguous (e.g., double names), please indicate them clearly. Indicate all affiliations after each author's name, with the full postal address of each affiliation including the country name. Also provide, if available, the e-mail address of each author.
- Corresponding author:
- Clearly indicate who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication.
- A brief abstract of 200 words or less must be included. An abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions. The abstract is often presented separately from the article and stored in database, so it must be able to stand alone and be self-contained. Also, non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be avoided, but if essential they must be defined at their first mention in the abstract itself.
- Provide up to five keywords.
- Subject classification codes (optional):
- Provide the internationally adopted subject classification code(s) for the study field. For example, Mathematics Subject Classification (MSC), Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS), ACM Computing Classification System, JEL (Journal of Economic Literature) codes, and others.
Figures and Photographs:
The approximate position of figures and photographs should be indicated. Figures and photographs must be of publication quality. Color figures and photographs are also accepted with no extra charge. After acceptance, authors will need to submit the original source files.
Bibliographical references should be complete, including article titles and page ranges. All references in the bibliography should be cited in the text. Authors are encouraged to check the style of references in the recent issues, but may use a common format in major publications of their research fields.
Galley proofs will be sent to the corresponding author. Excessive alterations will be charged to the author.
The PDF files are available freely on our journal website (J-STAGE) after publication. Reprints can be purchased; a reprint order form will be sent to the author with galley proofs.
The copyright of every article published in the Interdisciplinary Information Sciences shall be transferred to the Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan (GSIS). GSIS shall have the right to publish the article in any medium of form, or by any means, now known or later developed. The authors should agree that the paper will not be republished without the consent of GSIS. The authors reserve the following: (1) all proprietary rights other than copyright such as patent rights; (2) the right to use all or part of the manuscript in personal future works such as books and lectures. A properly completed Copyright Transfer Form (available on our journal website) must be submitted prior to the publication of an accepted paper.